Full Service Current Account & Debitcard from St. Francis CU
How to Apply for a Card with St. Francis Credit Union
Apply Online: (Single Accounts and over 18’s only)
Login to your Online Account and click on “APPLY FOR CURRENT ACCOUNT”. Follow the simple application process, terms and conditions will be available during the process and are also available on the Downloads section of our website.
If you are not already registered for online account access we recommend that you Register for Online Account access now. When you have received your online access Username, PIN and Password you can apply for the Current Account and Debit Card online.
How to Set Up Push Notifications to Monitor your Debit Card Transactions
The short video below will show our members how to set up Push Notifications to Monitor your Debit Card Transactions.
Apple Pay™ Google Pay™ and Fitbit Pay™
Get College Ready
Student Current Account
Our Current Account gives you instant access to your money through our Mastercard® Debit Card, a secure app and online portal, and best of all, there’s free day-to-day banking for Students. (Terms and Conditions apply)
In order to open a Student Current Account and avail of a fee concession, you must be aged 16 – 25 years, resident in the Republic of Ireland and in full time third-level education. If you are 16 or 17 years of age, we require the consent of your parent or guardian for you to open a Current Account.
Fees and charges apply for using your Debit Card for purchases and cash withdrawals in a foreign currency.
We can provide you with loans for college fees and expenses, and a car loan if you now need a car to travel to college (Lending Terms and Conditions Apply)
Features & Benefits
- Easy to sign up
- Same friendly service
- Globally accepted Mastercard® Debit Card
- Use in-store, online or at ATMs
- Cashback available at participating retailers
- Contactless payment
- Pay with Google Pay & Fitbit Pay
- Transparent Fees
- No surcharge interest on overdrafts
- Automate regular payments using Standing Orders & Direct Debits
- Stay in control with our Mobile App, eStatements and eFee Advices
- Secure online shopping
- 24/7 support for lost/stolen debit cards
Beware of Scams & Fraud
Beware of Scams and Fraud that entice you to sign up online for a Draw or a Product Test which end up billing your Card or Account weekly or Monthly.
When signing up online for a free trial or product test, you may be agreeing to further weekly or monthly subscriptions in the ‘terms and conditions’ of the purchase, or the free item you are testing.
Top Tips for Subscriptions / Continuous Authorities
- Ensure you review the Merchant Terms & Conditions prior to agreeing to them, do not tick “Accept T&C’s” until you have read and understood them.
- Don’t sign up for a free offer unless you’re confident that you understand exactly what you’re agreeing to.
- Research online reviews of the Merchant if they are unknown or if you have not previously made a purchase from them.
- Don’t be enticed by celebrity endorsements or social media pop up’s. Scammers often use famous names and faces without authorisation.
- Ensure there is adequate ‘Contact Us’ details & beware of the cancellation policy in case of any follow up queries are required.
- Monitor your Current Account & Debit Card history regularly to see if you’re being charged for something you didn’t knowingly purchase.
Remember if it sounds too good to be true – it probably is!!
For more information download the Fraud Awareness Brochure below.
Shopping Online Change from 1st Jan 2021
The final changes under the second Payment Services Directive, also known as PSD2 comes into full force from 1st January 2021. PSD2 will mean changes to how you shop online from 1st January 2021.
These changes relate to the implementation of Strong Customer Authentication, also referred to as SCA. This means that you will need to carry out an additional security step before you complete your online shopping by using a one-time passcode which you will receive by text.
These changes mean better protection for you and will make shopping online even more secure
What do I need to do?
To continue to shop online with your Current Account debit card, you need to make sure your we have the correct mobile number for you so that you can receive the one-time passcode required to complete your online shopping transaction.
Contact us to update your mobile number if you change your number
(Single Accounts only) Log into Online Banking and click on “APPLY FOR CURRENT ACCOUNT”. Follow the simple application process, terms and conditions will be available during the process and are also available on the Downloads section of our website.
If you are not already registered for online account access via Online Banking we recommend that you register for online access now. When you have received your online access Username, PIN and Password you can apply for the Current Account and Debit Card and view and manage all your St. Francis CU balances online.