An exciting new opportunity has arisen to play a key role in our credit union.
Job Title: Lending and Business Development Officer (BDO)
Reporting to: Head of Lending and the CEO
Contract: Full Time
Days Allocated: Any 5 days from 6, Mon-Sat
Location: Based in Ennis with travel to our branches well as clients and events
Salary range: Standard renumeration scale as per role
Probational period: 6 months
The Lending and Business Development Officer will support the organization in executing the strategic plan of the credit union from a lending and business development perspective. The
successful candidate will in consultation with our marketing team help devise and implement business development and marketing strategies to generate increased lending interest
income as well as provide market and product analysis leading to the development and delivery of new loan products, pricing, and processes to support the credit union’s business
strategy. This role is specifically responsible for attaining and increasing personal, business and home loan activity both through the existing portfolio of members as well as seeking out
The successful candidate will:
- Become proficient in the loan underwriting process and develop strong financial analysis skills.
- Ensure the loan application process is efficient and easy for members, provided through a range of distribution channels and that responses to all loan applications are timely and consistent.
- Ensure the loan application, credit assessment and underwriting processes are implemented in a consistent and compliant manner.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in lending and make recommendations to continuously develop the lending service.
- Assist the lending manager in coordinating and co-operating with Internal Audit Function, Risk Management Function, the Compliance Officer and External Auditors on assurance testing within the lending function.
- Ensure that practices of compliance, control, competencies and capabilities in the lending and business development function meet the requirements of all stakeholders.
- Be quality focused with attention to detail at all times and support a high-performance culture in terms of responding to members needs and the loans involved.
- Identify opportunities to improve our member’s financial well-being by cross-selling credit union products and services.
- Develop marketing and business strategies to support the revenue targets and business goals included in the strategic plan
- Identify appropriate business development and marketing channels that drive lending growth and generate brand awareness.
- It is important that the BDO fully understand the operations of the Credit Union as there will be requirements for the BDO to work on the front line as a teller when the need arises.
- Implement business development and sales activities such as sales presentations and meetings with business groups, farmers groups and voluntary groups and attend at trade fairs, local agriculture and business shows as agreed in the business development/sales plan, to drive member numbers and member lending.
- Implement direct marketing, digital marketing and other strategies and initiatives.
- Present and consult with senior management on business trends, product development and channel development.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- A primary degree in business/finance, be QFA qualified and hold further qualifications related to marketing and the provision of financial services.
- Proven experience of at least 2/3 years in lending/underwriting/marketing and business development environment.
- Possess financial literacy, expert product, service and channel knowledge.
- Member service orientated as well as understand lending risk and the consequences.
- An assortment of interpersonal skills including leadership, communication and presentation skills, strong negotiation skill, financial acumen, decision making, conscientious, strategic thinking and people management.
- Strong attention to detail skills and can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written and ability to formulate and present reports.
- Ability to deal with a high workload while maintaining accuracy and completeness of work.
- An understanding of the credit union ethos, rules and regulatory requirements in relation to lending.
- Full drivers’ licence with own vehicle.
To have a confidential discussion as well as obtain a full job description and information about this opportunity, please call Fiona or Joan in Metamo, our recruitment specialist on 087 389 9081.
The closing date for applications is 5.00 p.m. on 06/04/2022.