An exciting new opportunity has arisen to play a key role in our credit union.
The COO will be responsible for the overall management of day-to-day operations in the credit union, ensuring a high standard of corporate governance with legal, regulatory, and organisational policies. The COO will support the CEO in overseeing the financial management and HR function of the credit union, safeguarding the smooth operation of all administrative and member facing functions within the organization including facilities, ensuring that it performs and operates to the highest standards. The COO will be responsible for leading the service team to enhance how members experience our credit union and deliver exceptional member relationship management.
The Chief Operating Officer will play a pivotal key role in the Senior Management Team within St. Francis Credit Union and contributes to and champions the strategic plan of St. Francis Credit Union, participating in executive level discussions and in making recommendations regarding major policy decisions. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the strategic planning in the areas of Member Services, the IT and HR function, inclusive of resource management, succession planning, recruitment, and development of operational staff across St. Francis Credit Union branches.
• Oversee the smooth running of St. Francis Credit Union.
• Serve as a member of the St. Francis Credit Union Senior Management Team.
• Advise the CEO on the day-to-day operational management of St. Francis Credit Union.
• Support the CEO in overseeing the financial management of St. Francis Credit Union as well as manage budgets within the overall financial cycle.
• Lead the implementation of high standards of customer service, focusing on evolving the service model towards a member-oriented, digital and data aligned operating environment.
• Implement a Risk Management process to identify, monitor, and manage potential operational risks to minimise any negative impact they may have on St. Francis Credit Union.
• Lead a culture of positive and stringent compliance for all legal and regulatory requirements, inclusive of the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety.
• Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and tested to safeguard the assets of St. Francis Credit Union.
• Responsible for the security of personnel, cash operations, and overall security of St. Francis Credit Union including key-holding, CCTV, alarms, maintenance etc.
• Liaise with both internal and external auditors as required.
• Manage all aspects of St. Francis Credit Union information technology, disaster recovery and contingency plans.
• Support the CEO in the development and implementation of St. Francis Credit Union Strategic Plan.
• Support the CEO in delivering the business goals for St. Francis Credit Union.
• Implement plans approved by the Board.
• Participate in all relevant meetings and committees as directed by the CEO and the Board.
• Provide timely and adequate management reporting on operational KPIs.
• Oversee the preparation of the annual report.
• Oversee the organisation of St. Francis Credit Union AGM.
• Ensure the processes and procedures for operations are documented and easily understood with adequate systems and internal controls in place to ensure that risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Generate detailed monthly reports to the CEO and Board of Directors as well as being in attendance at Board and executive meetings as required.
• Report on, initiate and assist in the creation of process improvements to ensure relevant systems are appropriate.
• Manage and maintain the property assets, including facilities of the credit union, and to be aware of, instigate and comply with all Health and Safety regulations as directed by the credit union.
Human Resource Management
• Overall responsibility for the human resource function of the credit union, ensuring compliance with approved HR policies and procedures that fully conform to current legislation.
• Lead and manage the team through an effective performance management and development process.
• Implement, own, and oversee the development, support, and training of staff as well as CPD programs to ensure the successful implementation of targets, goals and objectives from the strategic plan brought about through positive engagement, coaching, acknowledgement, candid feedback, and teamwork.
• Promote a culture that reflects the credit union’s values and encourages good performance.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
• A primary degree, preferably in business or finance, be QFA qualified is an advantage, and hold further qualifications related to business, management and the provision of financial services is preferred.
• Established, proven experience and success over at least 5 years in branch management, customer service management or operations management and service delivery in a financial services environment.
• Empathy with the ethos and values of the Credit Union is desirable.
• Full drivers’ licence with own vehicle.
To have a confidential discussion as well as obtain a full job description and information about this opportunity, please call Fiona or Joan in Metamo, our recruitment specialist on 087 389 9081.
The closing date for applications is 5.00 p.m. on 28/02/2022.